Echo issue on OM2008.08 solved

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 12:06:55 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 11:45 PM, "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" <mail at 3v1n0.net
> wrote:

> Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > El día Wednesday, October 15, 2008 a las 08:18:40AM +0200, "Marco
> Trevisan (Treviño)" escribió:
> >
> >> Here you are [1]. It includes also the mwester fix for re-registering
> >> network and my workaround for GSM firmware crash. I hope it won't have
> >> any incompatibility with your installed Qtopia...
> >>
> >> [1]
> >>
> http://downloads.tuxfamily.org/3v1deb/openmoko/libficgta01vendor-echo-cancellation.so.tar.gz
> >
> > Thanks for this.
> > the outgoing RING tone nearly killed my ear; with 111 for value.[01] it
> is
> > fine, but with the above described noise; what is your gsmhandset.state
> file for
> > this? thx again
>
> I'm pratically using the standard gsmhandset.state... I've to say that
> in my experience in noisy places the main speaker volume (for ringing)
> isn't so loud...

I inserted the file in /usr/Trolltech/Qtopia/plugins/phonevendors/ on
qtextended.  No change in the echo / buzzing problem for me, but then I
started to have problems with the phone going on unrecoverable standby, and
loss of audio (speaker, mic and ringtone, all together) when it could be
woken up.

I have removed the file again, because I don't know if it was meant for
qtextended in the first place.