Back to the basics: improving user experience

Vasco Névoa vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt
Thu Oct 16 17:58:15 CEST 2008

I can see there are at least 2 distinct types of user of OM:
A - "I need a working phone now, the uber-cool PDA stuff can wait";
B - "OM is a groundbreaking project, I don't care about telephony,
let's press the revolution!"
As much as I am divided among the two views, I think OM must oblige to
its responsibility towards the users who have paid for their hardware,
and keep its promise of a working phone.

I don't think that making the core system work (including a little
hacking of the Qtopia stuff) is a waste of time; any insight that is
gained here can immediately be applied to FSO. OM2008.x will simply
serve as a real-world testbed (one that is everyday usable!). When FSO
comes along, it will already have the necessary corrections...