Back to the basics: improving user experience

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Oct 16 20:20:45 CEST 2008

> Suspend is quite good at the moment, but when the display is 'blanked'
> and the system is not in suspend, maybe pressing the 'power' button
> could wake up the screen instead. Now it wakes up and immediately
> suspends.

100% agreement.  The "suspend on power button" is completely useless
for me.  The machine suspends automatically anyway, so I don't need to
waste the precious few buttons we have on rare operations like
"explicitly request the machine to go to sleep".

It would have been good to put more buttons on the FR, but at the very
least we should make better use of the 2 we have.

        Stefan