Back to the basics: improving user experience

Crane, Matthew mcrane03 at harris.com
Fri Oct 17 14:25:10 CEST 2008

I think the phone is getting quite usable, and well there is a long road ahead I don't think anybody should feel bad about how far it has come.

Recent post on engadget re: RIM's Bold.

"ptrcd003 @ Oct 17th 2008 1:08AM

tell me about it. Crappy GPS that rarely, if ever, works (triangulation never works unless you download google maps) . Constant spinning clock, sometimes preventing me from answering calls for up to 5 minutes. Totally unstable OS (have missed class due to alarm clock app crashing during the night). The browser is also relatively slow, and the build quality should be much higher for a phone of this price (sides creak, back cover moves around.) This isn't a single occurence, my friend has the same phone with the same problems. So be glad it isn't out in the States yet, maybe they're actually planning to fix these things. If it wasn't for the amazing email capabilities, i'd go back to the iPhone 3G in a heartbeat"