Virtualized developer system (was Re: Back to the basics:improving user experience)

Jisakiel jisakiel at yahoo.es
Sun Oct 19 14:46:12 CEST 2008

¿May I suggest the image being a virtualbox one instead of vmware? Virtualbox is quite fast as well, and there are free (as in speech) versions available for all major distros. Only problem is that the open source does not support usb (but the commercial version is freely downloadable and does).

Only free vmware nowadays are the player (no snapshots ability) and the server (too heavyweight, based on tomcat + firefox plugin).