[Om2008.9] man pages??? && killing events/0

Alex Osborne ato at meshy.org
Mon Oct 20 02:18:32 CEST 2008

Matthias Apitz wrote:

> how can I ask for the actual
> CPU time of a proc? I was thinking in something like 'cat /proc/5/...'
> but have no man pages about the /proc layout :-(

$ man proc

[...]

/proc/[number]/stat
    Status information about the process. This is used by ps(1). It is
    defined in /usr/src/linux/fs/proc/array.c.

[...]

              utime %lu
                     The number of jiffies that this process has been
                     scheduled in user mode.

              stime %lu
                     The number of jiffies that this process has been
                     scheduled in kernel mode.