qt extended src does not match precompiled

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Mon Oct 20 09:54:58 CEST 2008

Glen Ogilvie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if I should be talking about this here, or on the qt extended
> forum which seems fairly quite.  However, I recently downloaded and compiled
> qt-extended-4.4.1.
>
> I then compared the /opt/Trolltech/Qtopia directory from
> qtextended-4.4.1-gta02-rootfs-release-10022309.jffs2 against the files in my
> build image directory.
>
> I noticed that althogh most files build much the same, some things were not in
> the version I compiled from sournce.
>
> The missing bits are:
> * s60 and smart themes.

> * qterminal
> * libmad

These two are not in the qt extended source package and can be
downloaded from qtextended.org.

> * facebook intergration
> * profiles

Profiles should be there, otherwise you could not change ringtones.
Homescreen->Options->profiles

The rest are included in the sources, but you need edit projects.pro and
add them to get them built.

> Any suggestions would be appricated.  I am also looking for the respoistory
> (svn / git, etc) for qtextended so I can track the latest development, but
> have not been able to find it.

There is no official public repository for sources. We are working on
getting snapshots working still.

4.3 snapshots should start being published today or tomorrow, and 4.4
should be soon.

There is an unofficial git at:
git://git.asheesh.org/qtopia_snapshot.git

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, Qt Software, Nokia Pty Ltd