[Om2008.9] man pages??? && killing events/0

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Oct 20 09:57:21 CEST 2008

El día Monday, October 20, 2008 a las 06:45:26PM +1100, Alex Osborne escribió:

> Well of course it's going to be different on FreeBSD -- different kernel
> -- but the location of the CPU time in /proc is going to be the same as
> any other system running the Linux kernel (well at least any that's not
> completely ancient anyway).  So the simplest option, as I was suggesting
> is just to consult the proc manpage on any random Linux PC and if you
> don't have a Linux box handy then Google it, as people have put most of
> the man pages online.
>
> > for example where is the man page
> > of 'dropbear'?
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=dropbear+manpage
>
> First result:
>
> http://downloads.openwrt.org/people/nico/man/man8/dropbear.8.html
>
> ;-)

I thing Linux/UNIX goes the wrong way if we depend on Google to lookup
man pages;

> Seriously though, if you must have the absolute exact same version for
> some reason and don't have a Linux box, just grab the source tarball:
>
> wget http://downloads.openmoko.org/sources/dropbear-0.51.tar.bz2
> tar -jxvf dropbear-0.51.tar.bz2
> cd dropbear-0.51
> man ./dropbear.8

Now we're getting closer; thanks for the hint; maybe it would be a good
idea if we have *all* man pages installed at
http://downloads.openmoko.org/
or even as a fetch-able tar ball; in KDE you can just put 'man:ssh' into
the KDE's browser Konqueror and you get what you want;

> Usually manpages aren't installed on embedded systems in the interests
> of saving space.

Of course and I was not expecting the man pages installed on the
FR.

Thx

	matthias
--