(OM2008.9) Flashback to QTextended

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Mon Oct 20 23:26:01 CEST 2008

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 19:26:05 +0200, Paul <paul at nlpagan.net> wrote:

> I put OM2008.9 in the flash this afternoon. It did not make me happy: it
> suffers from the same problem as when I run it from uSD: plugging in the
> USB when it's running makes the FR die.
> I reflashed QTexended.
>
> Would it be better to use OM2008.8 instead? Or does this suffer from the
> same problem?
>
> I can live with most of the quirks of the FR, but this one is really
> annoying. I do not want to pull the battery out when I plug in the USB
> just because then the FR locks up and is really braindead.

OM2008.9 is just a snapshot during the evolution of 2008.8 toward today,
taken at the time of it's release.  if you install 2008.8 or 2008.9 and do
"opkg upgrade" you should end up at precisely the same place.

That said, have you tried the most recent 2008.x snapshot?  It's basically
2008.8 (or 2008.9 ;) 'opkg upgrade'd  through sometime last night.
http://downloads.openmoko.org/releases/Om2008.8-update/