Pingus ported

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Oct 21 04:18:03 CEST 2008

> There is no way if the screen is already rotated. (read: I don't find a way
> to figure out when the screen is already rotated). Please email me, if you
> find one and I will directly adept it to the package.

In my tests, I noticed that the output of `xrandr' moves the little star
when I switch from portrait to landscape and back:

   ~# xrandr
   Screen 0: minimum 240 x 240, current 640 x 480, maximum 640 x 640
   default connected 480x640+0+0 left (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm
      480x640        50.0
      640x480        25.0*
      240x320        50.0
      320x240        50.0
   ~# xrandr
   Screen 0: minimum 240 x 240, current 480 x 640, maximum 640 x 640
   default connected 480x640+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm
      480x640        50.0*
      640x480        25.0
      240x320        50.0
      320x240        50.0
   ~#

This also seems to indicate that the refresh frequency is different
between the two, which may mean that the poweruse is different in
landscape and portrait mode.

        Stefan