[Om2008.9] AtChat talking every second to SIM

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 12:24:57 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:58, Lorn Potter <lpotter at trolltech.com> wrote:

> Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was looking a bit through the output of logread and I'm asking me if
> > it is normal (and necessary in the sense of power consumption) that 'qpe'
> > is talking every second to the SIM to ask for the signal level of the GSM:

> > Any comment? Thx
>
> every second (or two, as the case may be) might be a bit extreme, but
> this is just getting the signal quality.

I also noticed that without sim card, it keeps trying to communicate
with it continuously. I do not know if it is resource consuming ? (is
gsm off in such a case ? Or does it suck battery a little more ?)
Polling SIM module wihtout card so often is not needed, especially
since we cannot change SIM card without taking battery out (granted it
could be done when plugged in)