netfix testers?

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Tue Oct 21 20:44:08 CEST 2008

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:29:30 +0100, Alastair Johnson
<alastair at truebox.co.uk> wrote:

> Joel Newkirk wrote:
>> OK, I posted the updated package to
>> htp://newkirk.us/om/testing/netfix-j2.tar.gz - using 'route' instead of
>> 'ip' now to set up default routes.  So the only external dependency
> should
>> be for resolvconf on SHR and Raster (and I'm guessing FSO).
>>
>> Please test and post results or problems to this thread.
>
> Sounds good. I'll give it a try when I get the chance. It sounds like it
> should combine well with dnsmasq or similar.

I've been using djbdns dnscache.  You just need the cache startup to also
invoke "echo 'nameserver 127.0.0.1' | resolvconf -a lo" and it always uses
local cache first, drops to next priority if cache is broken or stopped.
You can also stuff a custom script in /etc/resolvconf/update.d that will be
able to take the prioritized nameservers and update your cache to use them
as upstream caches.  (I've an example script for dnscache, but it expects
it to be running under the full daemontools+tcpserver setup whereas I run
it as a simple standalone service)

http://newkirk.us/om/dnscache_2.1.5_armv4t.ipk ;)