Echo issue on OM2008.08 solved

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Tue Oct 21 22:04:30 CEST 2008

On Monday 13 October 2008 15:12:55 Daniel Nöthen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I finally found a place in the qtopia sources where I could put code for
> activating the
> echo suppression for every incoming/outgoing call.
> I'm quite sure that experienced qtopia programmers would find a better
> place for it.
> But this just works. And as long as no other solution is out there I
> will share it
> with other people who want to combat the echo.

Sorry, I'm late to the party, tick applied a patch to Qtopia so I basicly just
want to understand.

Why is sending this command only once not enough? Will it be reset after a
call? Any usage of alsactl should not have any influence on the modem itself.

explanations welcome and thanks for scratching your itch.

z.