community Digest, Vol 102, Issue 16

Sarton O'Brien roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Wed Oct 22 00:49:28 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 22 October 2008 07:07:14 Matthew Lane wrote:
> No, I have not tried the 512mb card (it's at home and I'm at college).
> I'm not sure how to do what you're talking about arne, but you're
> suggesting that I can install a base system and put Debian on that?  Can
> you point me in the correct direction?
>
> Also, my 8gb uSDHC card works

That's debatable :) ... I have tried various cards and have installed debian
successfully and unsuccessfully based on the card I use.

I now only use 2GB cards and below as they don't seem to suffer from the
issues > 4GB seems to present.

IMO try a smaller card before you consider alternative install methods,
otherwise you might end up like me, with debian installed but randomness
occurring. Also don't believe everything the FR reports, use a bit of trial
and error, especially with uSD cards.

Sarton