[OM2008.8 - testing] - no desktop icons any more.

Benedikt Schindler BeniSchindler at gmx.de
Wed Oct 22 08:53:39 CEST 2008

thanks for the tip.
but it's not the problem that they are not configured any more.
All the desktop files are there. But they don't show up on the screen.

I crashed the hole enlightment once. and enlightment gaves me a standard
config.
so i had a normal standard desktop on the freerunner. (was funny, but
the keyboard just didn't work right anymore)
and there the icons where all in the menue at the places where they belong.

@Daniel:

It didn't work by me. ... but it's not the high priority task. to see my
applications again is more important.

i thought of the groups like that:

-----------------
unstable :  just compiling every day the latest git trees. (no mater
what's happening in there)
testing :  managed tree. where a human person puts in things that he
tested as functional version. (to see if it is realy functional)
stable : really tested tree.
-----------------

but there seems to be no person who is responsible for the testing tree.
Because that person would have taken back the changes that really kills
that tree.
or would have taken down the hole tree !!!!

@openmoko: how is it possible that there is a tree still online after 6
days that is known for killing the phone?
(i mean it's a "no boot possible anymore" bug and not a "sudoku didn't
work anymore" bug ;) )

i think i will test the unstable feed now ... maybe there are some issue
solved yet ... and maybe there is the new kernel with faster nand read :)

i'll give you a hint if it changed something.

Beni