Android open sourced

Shawn "prjktdtnt" Thompson mokowatch at projektenterprises.com
Wed Oct 22 11:11:50 CEST 2008

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 07:43:00PM -0600, Shawn prjktdtnt Thompson wrote:
>
>> people who I do not have their number memorized and it is almost
>> impossible to text via finger on 200x.x. I would love to see a good
>> keyboard, reliable SMS and phone calls, at that point I'll be more than
>> satisfied with my investment, right now I'm happy but feel that things
>> have a long way to go.
>>

> After understanding the predictiveness and creating a portuguese
> dictionary, I haven't ever written an SMS *ever*since* with a stylus,
> just the finger...
>
> Rui

I understand the predictive keyboard and have it mastered with a stylus
but it is still insane, sadly when it comes to SMS I'd say that IMO the
iPhone wins, I'd be happier wit a number pad like the dialer that just
did T9 input frankly. Also to find a contact since the scrolling never
works with the use of a finger I have to whip out my stylus to scroll
down to who I want to call, if I don't have their # memorized. I love my
FreeRunner don't get me wrong but those two things drive me up a wall so
quickly that on occasion if I know it's going to be a day filled with
lots of SMSing I have been known to grab my old Samsung T409 cause I can
text so much faster on it, but that's rare cause I much prefer using my OM.

-Shawn