rcp works, konqueror+fish not

Alastair Johnson alastair at truebox.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 16:36:17 CEST 2008

Aapo Rantalainen wrote:
> I can rcp files from computer to my freerunner, but with konqueror and
> fish:// I can only download not upload. Moko just disconnects when I
> start uploading. Freerunner is running fdom and my computer is running
> Ubuntu: 8.04, Qt: 3.3.8b, KDE:3.5.9, Konqueror: 3.5.9.
>
> I just installed Debian on Freerunner and now konqueror+fish works, so
> I think it is about dropbear, not konqueror.
> (Debian has Dropbear sshd v0.51and  fdom 0.49, maybe this is the point)

fish uses the shell and various commands, or perl, to do the transfer.
See the kde doc linked below. It seems the busybox implementations of
the shell parts don't quite behave as it expects, and one or more of the
required perl modules isn't installed by default. We see similar shell
behaviour in some of the init scripts where, for example, busybox sed
doesn't support one of hte switches used by the init script.

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdebase-runtime/kioslave/fish.html