Anyone interested in mentoring?

Sarton O'Brien roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Thu Oct 23 06:46:57 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 22 October 2008 23:37:58 Minh Ha Duong wrote:
> Sarton said:
> > I'm not sure if my quote was relevant, except that maybe I was too nice?
>
>   Re-reading my mail, quoting you was not the best way to establish context
> for my reply, I should have cut and paste the question. Sorry about that.
> But I have no real regrets on reproducing your paragraph because I fully
> subscribe to it and could not have said it better.

Ah, I see. I failed to identify you were elaborating on what I said, or at
least mapping out a clear path for participation and possibly mentoring. In
the context of elaboration/clarification it makes perfect sense, it just
wasn't obvious to me ... and quite possibly only me :)

But as I said, all good suggestions and worth stating. There's no 'generic
participation entry point' for open source and I'm sure some people wouldn't
be aware of all possible avenues, sometimes due to the obvious factor.

Even I could use some of that advice ;)

Sarton