Android open sourced

Vasco Névoa vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt
Fri Oct 24 13:14:55 CEST 2008

> Since i got my neo rather recently, i have only tried 4.4.1. Is 4.3 still the
> better choice? A couple of days ago i lost my daily use phone
> (motoming A1200)
> and so i now need to use the FR as my daily phone.

I've been using ASU (OM2008.9) since the beginning as my daily and
only phone for months now, without great problems.
It stinks for SMS texting, and it is a PITA to find a contact on the
list (both of these are bad designs of Qtopia), but otherwise it does
the job well.
The only big problem is a "denial-of-service" that happens because os
resume problems... sometimes I get an SMS or some other event that
wakes up the phone, and if I don't touch the screen, it stays awake
until the battery dies. This is why sometimes I wake up to a dead
phone, even though I went to bed leaving it almost fully charged. :(