[FDOM] best kernel to use for new release

Marcel tanuva at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 25 16:54:06 CEST 2008

Am Saturday 25 October 2008 16:54:52 schrieb Pander:
> On Sat, October 25, 2008 16:26, Marcel wrote:
> > Am Saturday 25 October 2008 16:13:27 schrieb Geoff Ruscoe:
> >> So I'm downloading the new FDOM image, but unfortunately I don't see
> >> what
> >> kernel I should use with it.
> >>
> >> Is there a best kernel to go with it?
>
> I'm using Om2008.8-update with latest FDOM but am also looking at an
> alternative.
>
> >> Thanks
> >
> > I'm using mwester's one. Seems to work well.
>
> Do you mean this one?
>   http://moko.mwester.net/dl.html

Yes.

> How does this relate to Om2008.8-update?

I don't know. Simply using it...

> What is the exact installation procedure you use (think neotool) Do you
> also need to install the minimal modules or other stuff or does that come
> with FDOM anyway?

Since I don't see the kernel output on booting I didn't see if it's missing
modules on first boot, but I copied the modules also because most kernels
need their own special module set (from my experience). Installation: as
simple as
$ dfu-util -a kernel -R -D uImage.bin
:)

-Marcel