``Freerunner reliable and stable''?!

Iain B. Findleton ifindleton at videotron.ca
Sun Oct 26 13:58:49 CET 2008

Sorry to disagree. There was lots of info about how the FR was not ready
for prime time available when I bought mine. I think it is pretty clear
that this machine is a hackers box that makes phone calls, and that is
what I bought. I use the thing for phone calls and it works just fine.
Its also a machine that is roughly equivalent to a PC desktop one might
have bought in the late 90's, only a lot more portable.

Only real drawbacks I find with the FR is the battery life. Aside from
that its great.

As to OM, they are quite obviously not a highly professional gang with
loads of marketing and support resources, and the direction of the
project appears to be somewhat vague. That said, I am a happy customer
because I can roll my own applications, and eventually fix most of the
issues with the machine myself.

If I want a professional, thoroughly solid phone with bells and whistles
that appeal to a teeny-bopper or business exec, I will get a Nokia. As
for the FR, you can run a small business completely off the phone is you
want to do so, and carry it in your pocket, complete with customer data
and development tools. Try that on your Nokia.