``Freerunner reliable and stable''?!

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Oct 26 15:22:08 CET 2008

On 26 Oct 2008, at 11:12, Paul wrote:
> On http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner everyone can read:
>
> The FreeRunner can be purchased from the Online Store
> <http://www.openmoko.com> as of July 3, 2008. The software available
> on
> the phone makes it suitable for power users and developers only --
> it is
> not yet ready for the general consumer.
>
> So whining that it is not ready for the regular user is kind of
> sad. ...

A new purchaser might not know to read the wiki. Such a notice should
also be on the Openmoko.com site, too, particularly pages around the
online store.

Openmoko have been advised about this on a number of occasions, and I
thought they had even agreed to post such a notice. At present it
seems quite easy to go to Openmoko.com, click on "Products" > "Buy
now" > "USA" > "Store" > "Buy now" and not see such a notice.

Otherwise I do generally agree with you that these threads are
unproductive. But the best way to deal with them is to remove all
excuses to whine about Freerunner stability - by posting such a notice.

Stroller.