[2008.9] Forcing the charge rate on alternate chargers

Xavier Cremaschi omega.xavier at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 10:16:14 CET 2008

Cameron Frazier a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> Is it possible to force the charging rate to a particular (500/1000 mA)?
>
> I have a vehicle cigarette lighter -> USB charging adaptor capable of
> 1A, but I'm pretty sure my FR only charges at 100 mA.  I'd like to
> force it to charge at at least 500mA.  I know there is some detection
> circuitry to detect the FR charger and then it charges at the 1A rate,
> but obviously my adaptor lacks the indicator.
>
> I remember seeing something on the wiki a while back, but I can't seem
> to find it now.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Cameron

You can install :
     http://hdr.meetr.de/neo/openmoko/battery/battery_0.20080721_armv4t.ipk

Screenshot here :
     http://hdr.meetr.de/neo/openmoko/battery/battery_05.png

Two things in case of problem :
If you see no icon on your desktop, just edit :
    /usr/share/applications/battery.desktop
changing the line
    Categories=Application;System;
    Categories=Application;

If program cannot be launch because of a python error, check line 82 in :
    /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/_init_.py
and replace the init call by :
    _init

Xavier.