Removing devel@ or staying on-topic

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Mon Oct 27 13:38:37 CET 2008

> Should we remove devel completely or should we try harder to stay on
> topic?

well, what topic is "community" supposed to have? it's rather fuzzy, i
think.
"support", "devel", "hardware", "device-owners", ... state(d) their
purposes by their names, but in which respect is "community" different
 from these?

if "devel" is rarely used, it probably is a sign, that the vast majority
is happy about the broad range of topics covered here -- and maybe does
not like the idea of subscribing to a lot of lists just to get the
relevant informations for common usecases.
when in doubt, i vote for dropping devel in favour of community.