Touchscreen scratch protection

Alastair Johnson alastair at truebox.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 16:21:50 CET 2008

Xavier Cremaschi wrote:
> About the screen protection : very good protection too, but less
> slippery. A friend of mine bought an HTC recently and fingers slide well
> on default protection. That's not the case with the Invisible Shield, it
> is a bit harder to use.

Interesting. Is it less slippery because it is sticky/rubbery, or
because it is rough? How does it feel with a stylus?

> Having an object that pleases you is important too... maybe I will
> remove Invisible Shield soon.
>
> Neo1973 owners : how does your device look today ?

It may not be directly comparable but the Psion 5 had a finish very
similar to that on the Freerunner. It was good for a while (~3 years for
me) but eventually started to peel around the corners. The later 5mx had
a paint finish instead. The Freerunner may do better as the corners
aren't covered in the rubbery stuff. If it does start peeling like the
Psion you will be able st scrape it off and have a black plastic finish
instead.