Touchscreen scratch protection

Xavier Cremaschi omega.xavier at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 16:44:42 CET 2008

Alastair Johnson a écrit :
> Interesting. Is it less slippery because it is sticky/rubbery, or
> because it is rough? How does it feel with a stylus?

I don't know how to describe it in English...

If you play minesweeper for example, you have to click without moving
for 1 or 2 seconds to put a flag on a cell.
As soon as your stylus touches your screen protected by the Invisible
Shield, stylus' tip is fixed (and it works well).
Without the protection, you have to take care to stay stable, because
any small movement is going to make your cursor move.

A friend of mine has a FreeRunner but he has not installed the Invisible
Shield yet. Maybe I need to try his again.

> It may not be directly comparable but the Psion 5 had a finish very
> similar to that on the Freerunner. It was good for a while (~3 years for
> me) but eventually started to peel around the corners. The later 5mx had
> a paint finish instead. The Freerunner may do better as the corners
> aren't covered in the rubbery stuff. If it does start peeling like the
> Psion you will be able st scrape it off and have a black plastic finish
> instead.

Thanks. I never protected my Nokia 9210 and (since 2000) it is still
good (it has a resistant body), but the big screen is always protected
as soon as device is closed, so it is hard to make a comparison.

Xavier.