[debian] upgrading zhone-session error

Marcel tanuva at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 27 17:43:39 CET 2008

Am Monday 27 October 2008 15:55:02 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> Maybe I’m a bit off, but last time I looked SHR did not have a readily
> working dialer app. And is tichy more than a proof of concept?
>
> Anyways, if there is user interest, nothing stands in the ways of
> packaging more dialers than zhone (as long as they use the FSO
> frameworkd, at least).
>
> Greetings,
> Joachim

I don't know if it's still getting attention or whatever, but there's also
Paroli which (was|is) planned as some more flexible replacement for zhone but
doesn't work very well yet from what I've seen.

I personally would prefer something like the qtopia stack relying on the
frameworkd. Means: separate, fast starting apps that interact with each other
but don't have just one window in which one has to switch even another set of
tabs/views (-> f.e. to have the phonebook and calendar open at the same
time).

-Marcel