Some debian questions

Guillaume Chereau charlie at openmoko.org
Wed Oct 29 03:29:26 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 14:51 +0100, Benedikt Bär wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am currently setting up a debian system on my FreeRunner, but I have
> some questions. :)
>
> 1) I'm writing some python programs to interact with the FSO framework.
> I have seen there's now support for a "rules" file, which seems quite a
> nice idea.
>
> Now, I would like to be able to modify these rules via my program. That
> way, for example, I could set a screen blanking / suspend timeout but my
> program wouldn't have to listen to events. It would automatically be
> done by the framework.
>
> Is this possible? If not, any plans to implement something like a D-BUS
> interface for modifying rules?
You can already add new rules using the dbus call :
org.freesmartphone.Events.AddRule(s)

the string should be in the same format than the rules in the rules
file.

For the way to modify rules, it is planned. Rules can have name (using
'name' attribute in the rules file.)
I will take some time today to add a RemoveRule, so that you can add and
remove rules.

- Guillaume/Charlie