[Om2008.9] power on GPS

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Oct 29 11:28:31 CET 2008

El día Wednesday, October 29, 2008 a las 09:43:42AM +0000, Alastair Johnson escribió:

> /etc/init.d/gpsd is a fair place to do it, but it may be overwritten if
> you update the gpsd package. I used to use a pair of scripts to start
> and stop bluetooth under 2007.2 but they should still work. You could
> always combine them with a check on the current power state to make it
> toggle, which would be better if you want to add a .desktop file.

There is a bug in the script /etc/init.d/gpsd: When it wants to stop the
gpsd daemon it uses:

	killall gpsd

which kills the daemon and the script itself:

# /etc/init.d/gpsd stop
Shutting down gpsd: Terminated

I have renamed this script to /etc/init.d/gpsd.sh and now it works fine
and as well powers down the card writing 0 into the device file;

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH