[Om2008.9] GPS && pre-fetching maps from openstreetmap.org

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Oct 29 13:33:34 CET 2008

Hello,

The GPS is now working very fine with tangoGPS on my FR; I'm storing the fetched maps
in /media/card/osm and they're fetched through the USB via my Internet
connection, so far so good;

Is there somehow I structured way to pre-fetch maps without using
tangoGPS and go virtually to the area and walking around there on the
touch pad? I mean, can I say "I wanna have the area with the coordinates
X1-X2-X3-X4 and store them with zoom level NN" into /media/card/osm"?
The reason I'm asking: I will go to Cuba in some weeks, being offline
there, but it would be nice having the maps with me. Thx

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH