[Om2008.9] GPS && pre-fetching maps from openstreetmap.org

Baruch Even baruch at ev-en.org
Wed Oct 29 14:12:57 CET 2008

Hi,

* William Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> [081029 14:51]:
> Maps get big though - I have over 1Gbyte for an approx 100x100 km area
> around Perth, Western Australia (much of which is blank compared with
> other places :)

I actually wrote a script to download a bounding box of maps and hard
link the empty tiles to each other so as to save space. Though the best
would have been for tangogps to support such a feature since that would
also save on inodes.

It's not fully tested yet, but you can send me an email to get a copy
for now.

Cheers,
Baruch