[debian/zhone] Start up customization

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Thu Oct 30 00:22:43 CET 2008

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 29.10.2008, 23:03 +0000 schrieb Neil Jerram:
> > apt-get install nodm
> > and put a suitable session in ~/.xsession
>
> In case anyone else wants to use it, my .xsession is now:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> fbpanel &
> openmoko-panel-plugin &
> zhone &
> exec matchbox-window-manager -use_titlebar no -use_cursor no
>
> and works well.  (I'm not sure what the matchbox-keyboard-toggle was
> for in the old /usr/bin/zhone-session; is that what made the AUX
> button toggle the keyboard?  Anyway, if you use openmoko-panel-plugin,
> you get a keyboard popup button, so don't need the AUX button as
> well.)

Yes, it was just that, keyboard pop up on AUX

> And a vaguely related tip: as a terminal I recommend xfce4-terminal
> rather than xterm, as it has scrollbars that can be operated with only
> left click, and also a nicer default font.

Thx for the tip. Note that it has some dependencies that not everyone
might want (gtk stuff, xfce stuff), so it’s not suitable as a default.

One could however evaluate other terminal emulators, like
rxvt-unicode-lite, wterm, xvt (very small!). Volunteers?

Greetings,
Joachim
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner