no icons in 2008.testing

Xavier Cremaschi omega.xavier at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 19:25:43 CET 2008

While this problem is not solved, maybe you could downgrade to 'stable'.

I have never done this, it is a bit rough, but you could try if you want :

First put Om2008.8 in your /etc/opkg/*conf files (instead of testing)

Then 'opkg update' to update your list of packages

Then create the list of packages you want to downgrade :
     opkg list_installed | grep svnr36882 | cut -d ' ' -f 1 > down.txt

Then remove these packages :
     cat down.txt | while read r; do
         opkg -force-depends remove $r
     done

Then reinstall them :
     cat down.txt | while read r; do
         opkg install $r
     done

Now you should have downgraded everything.

I don't think it's too hazardous, because it seems to be an
X/Enlightenment problem, not a kernel/system one.

Of course if someone thinks this will *not* work, please tell us why
before someone tries.

Xavier.