Has anyone tried Qi?

Petr Vanek vanous at penguin.cz
Thu Oct 30 22:33:26 CET 2008

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:35:40 +0100
Petr Vanek <vanous at penguin.cz> (PV) wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:26:00 +0100
>"arne anka" <openmoko at ginguppin.de> (AA)
>wrote:
>
>>> I have tried it and i liked it. It was definitively faster. I might
>>> stick with it for a while i hope.
>>
>>how does it play with the dead battery issue?
>

>well, this i cannot answer as i have three batteries and just swap them
>around... i can try to run one completely empty and see what happens.

seems like no luck with empty battery, but i hadn't have much time to
test. and, for some reason, i cannot Qi boot my SD located distro.
Results on NAND based distro give me today the same or almost longer
booting times. The original Qi from Andy was definitely faster.

Someone mentioned sound issue... right, seems to be that way too - no
sound, but i haven't tested it thoroughly now.

I had been using older qi from Andy and i am not sure, but think that
it didn't suffer these issues... well, let's wait, it's still fresh.

--
Petr Vaněk
http://biodynamika.cz