QtGps for Trolltechs Qtopia

Radek Bartoň blackhex at post.cz
Mon Sep 1 01:46:17 CEST 2008

Dne Monday 01 of September 2008 01:17:12 Jim Morris napsal(a):
> Radek Barton( wrote:
> > Dne Saturday 23 of August 2008 02:25:25 Jim Morris napsal(a):
> >

> > Please could someone point me to some tutorial or basic steps how to most
> > easily crosscompile libgps for Qtopia/arm and/or where to download
> > compatible libgps.a and libgps.la?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> You should be able to install it directly without needing to compile it.
>
>  > opkg install libgps16
>
> If it wasn't installed with gpsd
>
> You should see a /usr/lib/libgps.so.16 file
>
> If you need it to build qtopiagps then let me know, I need to add that to
> the blog entry.
>
> I used Mokomakefile to  build it, then copied the results to the toolchains
> lib directory.

Tanks, I'll look what Mokomakefile provides and how it's used. I'm trying to
compile qtopiagps to learn how to crosscompile software for Qtopia. Then I
would want to create ipk/opk package with qtopiagps and create an icon in
applications menu. But I have to learn all that first.

Then I could help to improve qtopiagps with some GPS control (power
on/cold/warm/hot reset etc.). I would really invite compact GPS application
with tangogps and agpsui funcionality for Qtopia so I can try to implement
map display, download and tracking support too (steeling part of tangogps
code :-)).

--
Ing. Radek Bartoň

Faculty of Information Technology
Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Brno University of Technology

E-mail: blackhex at post.cz
Web: http://blackhex.no-ip.org
Jabber: blackhex at jabber.cz