QtGps for Trolltechs Qtopia

Radek Bartoň blackhex at post.cz
Mon Sep 1 03:29:35 CEST 2008

Dne Monday 01 of September 2008 02:21:05 Radek Bartoň napsal(a):

> Yes, I followed that page and I succed so far that it tell me that it can't
> find libgps. So, I tried to download gpsd sources and configure them
> with --target=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi. This went without errors or
> warnings but resulting binary was compiled to x86-64 anyway (according to
> file command). Should I wait until you update your blog with libgps
> compilation steps, start playing with mokomakefile or ask for advice
> somewhere else?

I figure it out myself with some help on #qtopia IRC channel. Here is what
I've done to compile it:

1. Download lastest gpsd source code at
http://download.berlios.de/gpsd/gpsd-2.37.tar.gz and unpack it somewhere.
2. Add line #include <linux/limits.h> to gpsd.h-head file.
3. Modify line 15 of gps.h file from <limits.h> to <linux/limits.h>
4. configure with command: PATH=/opt/toolchains/arm920t-eabi/bin:
$PATH ./configure --host=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi
5. Then make, make install, etc.

You can update your blog accordingly... Weird thing is that the --host
configure option changes the target machine instead of --target option :-).

--
Ing. Radek Bartoň

Faculty of Information Technology
Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Brno University of Technology

E-mail: blackhex at post.cz
Web: http://blackhex.no-ip.org
Jabber: blackhex at jabber.cz