2008.8: Enlightenment crashing at bootup after upgrade

Thomas Köckerbauer tkoeck at gup.jku.at
Mon Sep 1 08:01:22 CEST 2008

Am Montag, 1. September 2008 06:26:26 schrieb Thomas Bertani:
> In you case when does it crash?For me it crashes when startx occcurres...
> but I don't know if it is the same problem...

Just before the icons should appear, I still could see the boots and the
progress indicator in the background and got the SIGSEGV message in front.
When I pressed recover in that window the X-server restarted and no
boots/progress indicator showed up but I could see the gadget icons of illume
(not the application icons) when the message appeared again.

You can check if you have the same problem I got by doing a
opkg list|grep libefreet0
If you have an entry saying
libefreet0 - 1:0.5.0.043+cvs20080702-r0 - The Enlightenment freedesktop.org
library
you should get rid of this version.