Please split this list!

Steven Kurylo sk at infinitepigeons.org
Mon Sep 1 19:20:07 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 4:24 AM,  <vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt> wrote:
> I second that idea.
> Mainly because it is difficult to understand which context people are
> talking in... most people don't remember to say which distro they are
> using, and frankly I don't think they should have to...
> And it does make a big difference.
> Maybe keep this list as a distro-neutral list, and add new ones for
> OM2008.8, FSO, Debian, etc

Do you think since people are already not taking the time to add
details to their email, that they suddenly take the time send to the
proper list or tag their subject in some way?

The only thing you can really do it educate people on sending better
emails.  Any time you see a new message which doesn't provide relevant
details, let them know.  What distribution?  When did you last update?
 What is the version of the package in question?