Qtopia WIFI WPA

Vinc Duran uberpfloyd at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 23:49:10 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Abdelrazak Younes <younes at lyx.org> wrote:

> <snip>
> Hello,
>
> I must be blind but I can't find a GUI way to setup the Wifi with Latest
> QTopia-4.3.2. Am I really blind or there is none?
>
> Abdel.

Hi Abdel, I'm using 4.3.2 2008/8/28 from qtopia.net on my FreeRunner.
I have a couple of wireless networks I'd like to use. The one that's easiest
is completely open and uses MAC addresses for authentication. To connect to
that I press white Q in the green box, that takes me to Main Menu. In the
lower left is crossed screw driver and double open wrench, or Settings. I
scroll down about one screen to Internet. In Internet I choose Options, then
New, then Wireless LAN, On this open LAN there's only the name of the
connection to set. If I read the Help correctly it's best (for me) to also
choose Managed and Always Online. When I get back to Internet it's
connecting. I then go to Applications and Terminal and I can ping a public
server by name and I'm on the Internet.
Once there I can't do anything. :-) I don't have a browser or anything and
the Package Manager crashes on me as it's connecting to Qtopia.net but
that's for another email or help request.
I have had no success using this process to connect to a WEP network.
Haven't tried WPA yet.
Hope that helps,