Om2008.8: execute script on incoming call

shawnzier at gmail.com shawnzier at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 05:38:22 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 12:04:03AM +0200, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Am Montag, 1. September 2008 23:18:02 schrieb shawnzier at gmail.com:
> > Should the else statement be at the same indent as the if?
>
> No, the else refers to the try/except clause.
>
> >       DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method
> > "Release" with signature "i" on interface "org.freesmartphone.GSM.Call"
> > doesn't exist
>
> Oops, it's probably called ReleaseCall. If in doubt about signatures, use
> mdbus to introspect.
I think you were right the first time.

mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.frameworkd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device

[METHOD]    org.freesmartphone.GSM.Call.Activate( i:index )
[METHOD]    org.freesmartphone.GSM.Call.ActivateConference( i:index )
[METHOD]    org.freesmartphone.GSM.Call.HoldActive()
[METHOD]    org.freesmartphone.GSM.Call.Initiate( s:number, s:type_ )
[METHOD]    org.freesmartphone.GSM.Call.ListCalls()
[METHOD]    org.freesmartphone.GSM.Call.Release( i:index )
[METHOD]    org.freesmartphone.GSM.Call.ReleaseAll()
[METHOD]    org.freesmartphone.GSM.Call.ReleaseHeld()

It's still giving me that same error though. I'm probably misunderstanding something badly. Like I said, I'm brand new to python, dbus and programming in general. I'm just trying to get a simple program together that I can study and hopeully expand on.

Has the guy that started this thread (Ole) had any luck getting this example to work?