Qtopia WIFI WPA

Abdelrazak Younes younes at lyx.org
Tue Sep 2 09:56:38 CEST 2008

Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
>>> I managed to find to find settings for WPA PSK TKIP, I put there my ssid
>>> and password. But still no luck... I am confused about the relationship
>>> between scanned WiFi network were my network appears and the place where
>>> I configured the network properties... These settings do not seem
>>> connected... weird user interface in any case.
>> It seems that my problem stems from the fact that I did not configure
>> the WLAN properly when I first created it (AFAIU from the inline help).
>> Problem is that it is now impossible to modify it nor delete it! So I
>> can restart the WLAN configuration process...
>> Anybody knows where these settings are stored so that I can erase them
>> by hand at the terminal? I'd rather do that than reflashing again...
>
> OK, nerver mind, found it...
>
> root at om-gta02:~# grep -r Wireless *
> Applications/Network/config/wlan0.conf:Name=Wireless LAN

OK, I erased that file, recreated the wlan settings properly following
the help; my wlan is detected after the scan, I click on it so that is
alone on the priority list. I click on 'option->connect' but it stays in
'not connected' state. And of course the previous screen stays in
'pending' state...

My Wifi uses WPA-PSK with TKIP which is supposedly supported by Qtopia.
Anyone has an idea of what could be wrong or how I can analyse that?

Thanks in advance,
Abdel.