Navit patch for faster map dragging

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Tue Sep 2 15:39:35 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 02 September 2008, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:
> 2008/9/2 Florian Hackenberger <f.hackenberger at chello.at>:
> > It's up to the OM developers to integrate my patch, I do not have
> > SVN access. Could someone from OM please comment on that?
> Surely it is up to the Navit developers to accept the patch, and I
> don't suppose they read this mailing list...
Sorry, I thought you meant the OM version control system (but that's
git). I'm not sure this patch would be appreciated upstream because a
regular computer is fast enough to redraw the map while panning.
Concerning the font caching part, it is not yet done and does not
provide a lot of benefits in its current state. I'll send it upstream
as soon as I consider it ready.

As for applying the patch to the debian package: Make sure you use
revision 1255 from svn as the patch was written against this version.

Cheers,
	Florian

--
DI Florian Hackenberger