NjuBee - questions

flamma at correo.ugr.es flamma at correo.ugr.es
Tue Sep 2 16:28:16 CEST 2008

> At first, after the first outbursts of joy, some frustration started to
> creep in. Although I knew that fr was not really ready I find it somehow
> embarassing to see how many of the standard features of a standard phone
> do not work.

You should have known what you were buying. But I don't blame you, neither
had I.

> - Sound: How do I adjust the speaker volume? Currently it blows my ears
> into oblivion when it is too close to my head.

I think you can edit the files on /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios for more
permanent changes. You should also fix them if your callers experience
echo or you have other problems.

> - Whenever I have to plug out the battery for one of the various reasons
> like total freezes of the fr then the clock sets to 0:40 or something

If you have no power, the clock don't work. My FR got retarded 2 hours
every time I remove the battery.

> Any usefull suggestions?

Sure. First of all, be patient. We will need a lot. A second one is that
if you need a fully functional phone, try installing Qtopia. It is much
slower and much stable than Om2008.08, and you can do all the things you
are asking, I think.