Freerunner won't charge, and won't start anymore due to out ofpower

flamma at correo.ugr.es flamma at correo.ugr.es
Tue Sep 2 18:02:45 CEST 2008

> Does anyone know WHY it don't charge when it is off?
> My logic says that it is very important to have the option charge the
> battery when it is flat.

Of course it is, but it's a hardware bug:

"
Make sure that the battery never discharges completely. This is an issue
because
the internal charging circuitry can not be turned on until the FreeRunner has
booted, and booting through USB power alone does not work.
(If you have the newest kernel images, you should be safe due to a
software fix.)
"

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_Battery