SD slot + suspend

Sander van Grieken sander at 3v8.net
Wed Sep 3 12:49:20 CEST 2008

> Daniel Benoy wrote:
>> I've been having trouble with my SD card ever since I upgraded my kernel (with
>> the unstable feed) and turned on suspend... specifically, it got wiped out :(
>
> This is a known problem.  I'm still waiting for a definitive resolution
> before I order my FR.
>
> Many people who are trying to do things that require SD cards are
> working around the problem by disabling suspend.  Battery life suffers,
> but at least development can happen.

No it has to do with the SD clock.

quoting solution:

Works for me. Two shell scripts:

/etc/apm/suspend.d/00sd_idleclk
which contains

#!/bin/sh

echo 1 > /sys/module/glamo_mci/parameters/sd_idleclk

touch /home/root/.profile
sync;sync;sync

and
/etc/apm/resume.d/00sd_idleclk
which contains

#!/bin/sh

echo 0 > /sys/module/glamo_mci/parameters/sd_idleclk

with that, suspend and resume works as expected.

-stacy