Qtopia 4.3.3

Paul Buede paul at buede.com
Fri Sep 5 03:13:39 CEST 2008

So I flashed this one today, I used
qtopia-4.3.3-snapshot-09012242-gta02-flash.tgz.

I followed an earlier post to turn my speaker volume back up to 127 so I
can hear.  Are the various values in the file
"/usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/gsmhandset.state", documented anywhere?
Turning the value up helps me hear but its got a buzz I wonder if I can
tweak out.

Interestingly, I used to notice I got fewer bars with 4.3.2, and the
reception didn't seem quite as good as with ASU.  Now, reception still
seems slightly worse, but oddly, it has full bars, that never decrease,
at least while walking around the house, where there is usually a fair
amount of variation in how many bars show.  So that seems to be broken
or looking at the wrong thing, can anyone confirm?

The SMS fix seems to work sort of, used to be when I got a voice mail I
would get a text from AT&T with some weird characters, now I get a text
that looks like this:

------------------
Stop

From: 2804
Date: Thursday, September 4, 2008 22:00:16

I am not sure this helps me more than a text with strange characters,
but it is at least still unique enough looking that I will know what it
means.

I haven't done any testing involving the power management or anything,
if I notice anything wierd there I will report back.  Anyone tried
bluetooth headset with this new version to see if the files that were
not there in 4.3.2 are there now?  I can try tomorrow if nobody else has
yet.

Thanks