Building FSO Wiki page

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Sat Sep 6 14:40:40 CEST 2008

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Am Saturday 06 September 2008 00:48:00 schrieb Rod Whitby:
>> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
>>> For building a .dev branch, in your local.conf file, you should have at
>>> least the following three entries. Example for the Angstrom distribution
>>> and the Openmoko gta01 machine:
>>>
>>> BBFILES = "/stuff/org.openembedded.dev/packages/*/*.bb"
>>> DISTRO = "angstrom-2008.1"
>>> MACHINE = "om-gta01"
>> I thought DISTRO was "openmoko" for FSO builds?
>
> Yes, but this was a quote from the wiki page.

Therein lies the problem with that wiki page
(http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Building_FSO).

It's meant to tell you how to build FSO, but instead it starts talking
about Angstrom half way through (after the first half of the page
duplicates other existing OpenEmbedded pages).

No wonder people are confused about how to build things ...

-- Rod