Duke Nukem 3D on Openmoko Neo

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rizurita at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 6 21:50:43 CEST 2008

--- On Sat, 9/6/08, "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" <mail at 3v1n0.net> wrote:
> Ok... However I've played with it a little more and
> imho it's not so
> playable using the accelerometers in a such way since they
> should be
> more sensible to the movement or the screen is not so
> visible when playing.

Screen: well the position to see well is like the link below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49503048699@N01/4232129/
(the left man one, because I was thinking that could be fun while
traveling by bus :) ).

> Imho when the game is launched, the phone should consider
> the actual
> position as the "base position" (the one in which
> the virtual joypad is
> centered), then considering the movement when the phone is
> moved of few
> degree (however less than a centimeter of phone edge
> rotation).
> I wouldn't dislike also an implementation without the
> accelerometers
> usage (just placing the virtual buttons - for moving too -
> in the screen
> edges; like actually is done for actions only). Imho the
> screen is quite
> big to see and press at the same time (in games like this).

Both ideas would be very useful as well. We'll see if me or
somebody (you?) start to work on that..

Rafa

--
Rafael Ignacio Zurita