This setup is good for a GPS signal

Charles Pax charles.pax at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 20:40:27 CEST 2008

I got my Freerunner on Friday and have been messing with various images, but
have not gotten GPS to work until just a few moments ago. I just want to
share with others (and archive for myself) which combination of images
allows me to get a good GPS signal right after first boot.

I used these files
dfu-util: http://downloads.openmoko.org/releases/Om2008.8-update/dfu-util
u-boot (bootlaoder):
http://downloads.openmoko.org/daily/gta02v5_and_up-u-boot.bin
uImage image (kernel):
http://rabenfrost.net/celtune/freerunner_om-gta02/uImage-2.6.24+gitr2+37a56324458b38768ed6bd3ccfb2535f9b6bd44e-r4-om-gta02.bin
rootfs (root filesystem):
http://rabenfrost.net/celtune/freerunner_om-gta02/openmoko-fso-image-glibc-ipk--20080828-om-gta02.rootfs.jffs2

On my system I simply paste the following series of commands into a terminal
and it works. If you're a novice like myself, read through the commands
first and individually paste them in the terminal. I take no responsibility
if you screw up your system.

-Charles

wget http://downloads.openmoko.org/releases/Om2008.8-update/dfu-util
wget http://downloads.openmoko.org/daily/gta02v5_and_up-u-boot.bin
wget
http://rabenfrost.net/celtune/freerunner_om-gta02/uImage-2.6.24+gitr2+37a56324458b38768ed6bd3ccfb2535f9b6bd44e-r4-om-gta02.bin
wget
http://rabenfrost.net/celtune/freerunner_om-gta02/openmoko-fso-image-glibc-ipk--20080828-om-gta02.rootfs.jffs2
chmod a+x dfu-util
sudo clear; echo "1 Unplug the Freerunner.
2 Hold down the AUX button and wait a second or two.
3 Hold down the POWER button while still holding the AUX button
4 Plug in the USB cable
Press Rerurn to continue"; read continue; ./dfu-util -a u-boot -R -D
gta02v5_and_up-u-boot.bin; sudo ./dfu-util -a kernel -D
uImage-2.6.24+gitr2+37a56324458b38768ed6bd3ccfb2535f9b6bd44e-r4-om-gta02.bin;
sudo ./dfu-util -a rootfs -R -D
openmoko-fso-image-glibc-ipk--20080828-om-gta02.rootfs.jffs2