WLAN with WPA

Katrin Tomanek katrin.tomanek at gmx.de
Sun Sep 7 20:44:55 CEST 2008

Hi,

I finally managed to connect my FR via Wifi and WPA2.

The following happened: after I started this thread 2 days ago, my FR (after
rebooting) wouldn't let me connect via ssh (usb) any more -- I guess this
was the result of extensive opkg upgrades, something must have gone wrong
with the sshd. At least this is what I assume. Unfortunately, as also the
keyboard somehow got lost during the upgrade session, the only thing I could
do was flash my FR.

So I took the latest OM image as of sept, 4th  (kernel as of sept, 3rd).

I then used the following extremely simple wpa_supplicant.conf:

--- snip ---

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1

network={
        ssid="rutabaga"
        scan_ssid=1
        proto=RSN
        key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
        psk=d4a9459bf5f29c332fa56d5b2c6a8c80176f4da7647f42e2ae4309dbed4f80ec
}

-- snap ---

After that, all I did was:
wpa_supplicant -i usb0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -B
and then
udhcpc usb0

That's it -- wifi works! Great.

I cannot say whether this is now because of the new image (when I tried
before I had the original 2008.08 image of august), or because of the fact
that I am running WPA2 whereas the day before yesterday I tried WPA.

cheers,
Katrin